A flat file is a file that contains records. Each record is specified in a single line. Fields from each record may either have a fixed width, or may be delimited by commas (CSV), tube (|), whitespace, tabs, or any other character.
Flat File Database Manager
will allow you to manage (update/delete/add) records in your flatfile database.Note:
Currently flat files of fixed field width are not supported.
- user defined delimiter (usually pipe, colon, or comma (|:,)
- customizable presentation of different data types. Following data types supported:
- LIST - Rendered as list box or combo box.
- STRING - Rendered as regular input field.
- LOGICAL - Rendered as check box (flag).
- TEXT - Rendered as text area.
Flat File Database Manager screenshot
What is in the package?
1) cities.txt - database itself, i.e. file containing data. Sample database.
2) cities.def - data definition file, describes database (how long each field can be, its type, etc). Update it.
3) cities.php - database settings file (delimiter, file names, etc). Update it. See instructions in the flatfile.inc.php. Run this script to manage your db.
4) flatfile.inc.php - flatfile db manager engine. This file should not be updated.
Comments posted here will not be answered. If you want to ask a question please post it on the forum