Use Smart File Downloader to avoid direct files downloads (hide real file paths), and to limit downloads to only some set of file types.
- customizable allowed file types for download
- predefined mime type settings for following extensions: zip, pdf, doc, xls, ppt, exe, gif, png, jpg, mp3, wav, mpeg, mpg, mpe, mov, avi
- Hotlinking protection
- Script can log downloads in plain text file. Log file includes: IP, date/time, filename. Can turn this feature on/off.
- automatic mime type detection (if Mimetype or Fileinfo extension installed on the server)
Sample download link:
- Unzip script to some folder
- Update download.php with your desired settings for base downloads folder, downloads log file name, allowed file types
- Use following syntax for downloads: download.php?f=FileName
<a href="http://path/to/script/download.php?f=phptutorial.zip">Cool PHP Tutorial</a>
Make sure you set write permissions on the folder where downloads log is saved if you turned downloads log feature on. Otherwise you may experience file access permissions issues (log file will not be created/updated).
All files for download must be placed in the download folder you specified in the script settings.
Comments posted here will not be answered. If you want to ask a question please post it on the forum