Purpose: detect filesystem changes on a (web)server and send list of changed or added files via email. Can send a kind of alert as SMS if your mobile network operator supports email to sms gateway. Tip: see Wikipedia for "List of SMS gateways".
- Change script settings (in file) according to your needs
- Upload to your (web)server
- Setup cron job to run it periodically;
- via PHP "php -q /home/serverpath/script/change-detect-alert.php"
- via cURL "curl http://www.example.com/path/to/change-detect-alert.php"
script checks file size only, will possibly add date and contents comparison later if needed; invoking via PHP is preferred; you may need to specify absolute path to php or curl
Requirements: Change Detect and Alert is a script which is supposed to be run on a server with PHP and SQLite3 installed.
Comments posted here will not be answered. If you want to ask a question please post it on the forum