Zubrag.com
August 17, 2019, 09:09:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Database AND USER creator  (Read 15152 times)
chrisj1963

« on: February 13, 2007, 06:20:22 AM »

Hi,

I tried your database creater and it works great.    Would it be difficult to have the program create a user also?  Along those lines, you had mentioned developing a script installer a while back. Were you able to make any progress with that.  I am thinking it would be something like FANTASTICO.

Thanks for all of your great scripts!

Chris

zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 06:49:18 AM »

I'll change database creator to add a user. But I need some details on where it should get username / password? 
Should it generate random user/password? Or maybe it should create database user the same as database name?
For example database name abc so database user should be abc.  Password: same as cpanel user password?
Maybe database user and password should be passed via parameters?
Any thoughts?
chrisj1963

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 04:16:22 AM »

Hi,
thanks for the response.  Here is what I am trying to accomplish.  You may be familiar with joomla.  I have a modified version that I would like to provide to my customers.  I love the way that cpanel installs joomla but unfortunately the version that Fantastico installs it is not the same as my version (minor changes - different templates, preloaded modules etc.).   I don't want the task to be daunting for the non-techincal user.  I envision that they sign up via my WHM autopilot and then have a way to install my joomla as easily and quickly as fantastico (but without even having to log in to cpanel).   My clients really would not care about ftp or installing more scripts, just about getting their website set up via the joomla admin area.   Am I making sense?   So, I have a zip file of my joomla script. I would prefer that they would not have to download it from one place, then unzip it, upload it via ftp, create a database and user name, then go to the joomla install and enter that database info.    This is too complicated for many.

I envision a form that requests the:
1) username and password generated through whm:

---Info as it is presented in fantastico---
2) Install in directory: This would automatically be installed in the root
3) Administrator-username: this would automatically be the username and password generated for the whm account
4) Password: Same as #3
5) Admin e-mail
6) Admin full name   
7) Site name   

Upon submit, the script grabs the joomla files, installs them in chosen directory.

Am I asking for too much here?

Thanks for your great scripts...

Chris
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 06:28:45 AM »

Please confirm if following is correct. Not quite clear what you already have and what is still needed.

You have a cPanel/WHM on some server. Users signup (subdomain is created on your server), and your existing script sends them username/password for their account.

What you need: script should be able to install some custom Joomla version (create cpanel database, database user, unpack joomla from zip file located on the same server?, and setup it to use database/user).
chrisj1963

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 06:58:40 AM »

Thanks for translating my babble...  My responses are capitalized... (I'm not shouting, just trying to help separate my comments from yours Smiley )
---------------------------------------
Please confirm if following is correct. Not quite clear what you already have and what is still needed.

You have a cPanel/WHM on some server. Users signup (subdomain is created on your server), and your existing script sends them username/password for their account.
---------------------------------------
ACTUALLY, NO SUB DOMAINS ARE INVOLVED IN THIS.   ANYONE WITH CPANEL SHOULD BE ABLE TO ENTER THE USER NAME AND PASSWORD THAT THEIR CPANEL PROVIDED AND IT WOULD GRAB THE JOOMLA.ZIP, UNPACK IT ON THEIR SERVER UNDER THE PUBLIC DRIVE AND INSERT THE APPROPRIATE DATA.   

WHEN THEY SIGN UP THEY GET an email with this info:
 +===================================+
   | New Account Info                  |
   | Domain: whatever.com
   | Ip: 70.88.107.178 (n)
   | HasCgi: y
   | UserName: billybob
   | PassWord: mydogsname
   | CpanelMod: x
   | HomeRoot: /home
   | Quota: 500 Meg
   | NameServer1: ns219.websitehello.com
   | NameServer2: ns220.websitehello.com
   | NameServer3:
   | NameServer4:
   | Contact Email: theiremail@theirdomain.com

I ENVISION THAT THEY WOULD GO TO A PLACE ON MY SITE AND CLICK A BUTTON THAT WOULD LEAD THEM TO A FORM WHERE THEY WOULD ENTER THEIR USERNAME, PASSWORD, DIRECTORY TO INSTALL JOOMLA, JOOMLA ADMIN USERNAME, JOOMLA ADMIN PASSWORD, AND JOOMLA ADMIN CONTACT EMAIL, AND NAME OF SITE.  THE SCRIPT WOULD GENERATE THEIR DATABASE AND USER, AND THEN UPLOAD AND INSTALL JOOMLA (MY VERSION WHICH WOULD BE LOCATED SOMEWHERE ON MY SERVER (?)) AND THEN GET A PAGE, LIKE IN FANTASTICO, WHERE THEY ARE PROMPTED TO BOOKMARK THE SITE AND ADMIN ACCESS PAGES.

HERE ARE 2 MOVIES THAT DEMONSTRATE A FANTASTICO INSTALL (WHICH IS EASY, BUT NOT EVEN AS EASY AS I WOULD LIKE IT TO BE) AND THEN THE DAUNTING STANDARD INSTALL.  (there is a player bar at the bottom of each screen)

FANTASTICO: http://parenttrail.com/joomla_f/
STANDARD INSTALL: http://parenttrail.com/joomla_s/

-------------------------------
What you need: script should be able to install some custom Joomla version (create cpanel database, database user, unpack joomla from zip file located on the same server?, and setup it to use database/user).
-------------------------------
YES!!!!

Thank you very much for considering doing what I am asking for.  I realize that it is a lot and if it is beyond the scope of what you feel would be generally helpful to all, I understand.    I do though think that the process generally paves the path for a general script installer which I believe you have considered developing in the past.

Chris
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 10:31:51 AM »

So any webmaster should be able to install your custom joomla on their server?

I envision two ways of doing that:

1. webmaster uploads two files (custom joomla and php installer) on their server, open php installer, and follow steps. In this case no ftp login/password needed. This approach is very flexible since local script has lots more access rights then remote access (#2).

2. webmaster performs installation from your server. In this case webmaster would not need to upload files, installer would do it. But in this case ftp login/password required (to upload files on remote server, create folders, set permissions, etc). This approach is less flexible than (#1), because some actions cannot be performed remotely, or are very limited (rather causing troubles than helping).

I like #1 more
ubhousing

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:37:56 AM »

i too am extremely interested in this capability.  the hillarious thing is the existing db creator is sooo close 8-)  i wanted to give you a heads up for demonstrative.  these guys nailed it and did the same thing and i believe are using ubrags tools as well.  www.mamboschools.com.

and yes they are actually using the DB name for info and doing auto user pass or at least password as db name for admin etc.  Zubrag can you make available to me as well?  you are awesome dude.  i ahte ot even bother you bro. i was stuned that there aren't more tools for integration of cPanel/WHM in the provisioning process.

Chris adn i are definately barking up the same tree 8-)  thanks again for all your hard work.

Jb
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 11:44:26 AM »

Sure, Script Installer will be available for everyone once completed, similar to our other scripts.
ubhousing

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 02:24:42 PM »

AWESOME!  Let me know if you need tester.  Can never get enough of those, right?
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 03:48:43 PM »

Now script will create database with a database user assigned, with ALL privileges.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: