Zubrag.com
October 20, 2019, 01:53:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: password_protect.php file  (Read 7266 times)
dhenn

« on: March 23, 2010, 11:18:35 AM »

I'm trying to password protect a particular page on my web site.  I stumbled across the password_protect.php file and have gotten along fine until now.  I did everything the instructions asked but when I tried to access the protected page the php file didn't work.  I'm using plain ole html for the web pages.  Does the protected page have to be coded in php to work?  My server is supposed to run php just fine, but this is the first time I've tried using it.  I've tried javascript password protect scripts but haven't gotten one to work yet.  Please help if you can.  Thanks in advance.  dlh

dhenn

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »

I answered my own question.  I saved the page in question with .php and the script worked fine.  Thanks.. dlh
dhenn

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 11:37:58 AM »

I do have one question. I want folks to have to sign in each time.  How do I remove the cookies feature?

Thanks again.  dlh
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 04:29:26 AM »

Remove all the lines containing "setcookie". That way users will have to enter password for every page and on every page refresh
atc7878

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 09:36:14 PM »

I had the same problem,I considered your advice and download it for a try. I found it is wonderful.i had solve it after refer to your answer,thanks.
  Print  

Jump to: