Zubrag.com
October 20, 2019, 01:24:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: preventing direct access!  (Read 5400 times)
eberdome

« on: May 07, 2009, 12:43:17 AM »

Hi, im new to the forum and also fairly new to php. i downloaded the script and everything is working fine, but....

i have one question though, How do i prevent a certain page from being directly accessed from the address bar. if the page is not secure, then theres no need for a login at all. i want it to be where the only person allowed to view that page is the person logged in

Can anyone help?

tinkertron

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 09:56:36 PM »

I understand what your asking and i'm new to this software also. I've tried other password protection software myself, one of the software I tried to had to as a script to every page that you didn't want access too. I'm not sure if this software does that, but I will try it out myself. One other way is to "mask" your domain name and protect your HTML source code. Bravenet.com Password Protection is what I used the last time, but your not able to modfify the log-in screen (i believe) but it's a free web tool that will protect all your page, as long as you insert the HTML script into each and every page that you want protected. Hope this helps.
tinkertron

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 10:10:10 PM »

FYI you can always hire a freelance programmer to design a password protection software that meets your needs. I found one that will do one really cheap, depending on your needs. http://www.freelancewebprogrammer.com/contactfwp.php (please refer to me Kenny D.) when and if you decide to contact her. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: