Zubrag.com
December 11, 2018, 07:03:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making sure only "User A" can access User A files  (Read 9395 times)
CapnKirkman

« on: February 23, 2009, 05:55:44 PM »

I'm using the advanced password protect files, and it's working great, however I notice if I'm logged in as one user, I can manually type in the names of other users and see their files without needing a new password. Is there a way around this? I only want client125 to view their own files. I have all the advanced password protect files in a directory called "protect" and then subsequent client files are in their own subdirectory with the same name as the user, ie: protect/client125/client125.php, protect/client126/client126.php etc. There are additional files in each subdirectory that I only want the specific client to have access to.

Each client...php file has the same php access code in it, as the common users.php file is in the protect directory.

How can I prevent client125 from seeing client126 files?

Thanks, Rick

1ststop

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 05:48:46 AM »

I also want the same function.

Help on this would be much appreciated.
1ststop

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 09:09:52 AM »

I have solved this problem by displaying my pages in frames. The URL's are not shown so no user would be able to 'guess' another user's directory if it isn't obvious.
If all users are accessing via the same users.php file then all will have access to all unless redirects are setup correctly into their own 'Home' directory that isn't obvious to others.

Not sure if this helps but this is my understanding of the script.
recoding
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »

I've not used this script, so at the moment cannot replicate the issues you are getting, once I can i'll try to post a update to the script that should help you.

trin

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 08:57:27 PM »

Yes, i have the same question:

I'm a "newbe" and i have it set up so every user has their own pages (customer accounts). the thing is that once they are logged in they can just type in any protected page and have access to another account for example:

www.mywebsite.com/protectedpages/customer1.php
www.mywebsite.com/protectedpages/customer2.php

so if i log in as customer1 then just type in the address bar the link to customer2's page, i have access...

is there a way to have it where each customers page is "blocked" to every one except for that specific customer/user?

i found that i can make a new directory for each customer, but if i did it that way i wouldn't be able to have the login form on my main site because everyone would have a separate link/folder.

any  help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance
trin

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 09:24:46 PM »

http://www.zubrag.com/forum/index.php/topic,339.0.html

here is the ANSWER!!! Smiley it works great!!
soccerfan

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 12:15:59 PM »

http://www.zubrag.com/forum/index.php/topic,339.0.html

here is the ANSWER!!! Smiley it works great!!

Unfortunately the solution requests that you add a separate password protect for each file you plan on using them for authentication.  Not a big deal unless people tend to change their passwords often.  You just need to the advance password protect username/password match each basic password protect file in case the user forgets their passwords and wants to use the remind function.  (Does that make sense?)

Again, not a big deal.  I am extremely satisfied with these scripts and greatly appreciate all the work that was done. Is there a place to make a donation?  It would take me hours to figure something out on my own because I'm purely a novice at this.  Actually, I'm forced to do it because I have a hard time finding workers that do not go crazy about hourly rates.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: