Zubrag.com
October 22, 2019, 10:43:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cPanel email alternative address plus generate new password  (Read 4447 times)
Woody

« on: December 21, 2008, 11:29:27 PM »

Hi there,

This script works fine & I think it is great! (I did have to upload the Arial font to my folder and add .ttf to the antispam.php script as it was missing. Just letting you know so you can change the one that people download in case they don't realise or know about the .ttf issue.)

I've been after something like this for ages and my host  wouldn't help me out at all. All they would recommend is buying their website creation service, so this is even more neat seeing as they would have charged me a fortune to make this free script, or worse, charge me for using yours!

Anyway, the reason why I write is because I want to know if there is anyway of adding something to the script so that people can change their password if they have forgotten it? This would also entail adding an alternative email address at sign-up so that they can have it sent to that email address. As it stands, if someone forgets their password it means that I would have to go into cPanel and make them a new one manually, which is too time consuming and could take hours if I've just gone to bed when they send the request!

I'm assuming that I may have to get my host to add a field to their email database to add the alternative email address, but how hard is that for them to do?

I look forward to finding out if this can be done.

Have a Merry Xmas and all the best for the New Year!

Woody

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: