Zubrag.com
April 26, 2019, 08:24:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to create sub domains (only for URL purpose only)  (Read 4333 times)
bipul

« on: December 03, 2008, 04:34:17 AM »

Hi all,

I have already read the forum on this blog on HOW TO CREATE SUB DOMAINS using PHP. However, my purpose of sub-domain is not to have a dedicated sub-domain for users/different accounts. I want some thing like Virtual sub-domain which actually doesn't exist in cPanel but just works fine in the URL..

Basically, I am developing a lyrics website with some 15,000 artists and 400,000 lyrics in database. when a user clicks on any artist's name - I want to create a URL with a virtual sub-domain which shows all the song lyrics by that particular artist.

For eg, my home page(www.abc.com) has 10 artist names - A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, , I, J - when a user clicks on "A" - it automatically creates a URL like - www.a.abc.com - and so on. every artist page will show the lyrics by that particular artist.  I am not sure if it is possible with sub-domains, but we have used this concept with simple URL building before.. for eg - my domain name is - www.xyz.com - when a user clicks on artist "C" - it creates a URL like - www.xyz.com/c.html - and when a user clicks on any particular lyrics it recreates another URL lile - www.xyz.com/c/lyrics.html

Please let me know if it is possible to create such URL's with sub-domains. My motto for this is to make website more SEO friendly and increase visitors. I have read that sub-domains are very good for search engines.

Thanks in advance,
Bipul

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: