Password Protection example

Started by zubrag, December 14, 2006, 05:03:22 PM

kerstey

no, it doesn't work. I think it does use ASP.

Bummer!

luci_unikatu

Can you edit the script for me please ?  ???I wnt that the script to take the users from a txt file and to be a line for every user and his password  user_name:user_password (like in .htpasswd but without md5 encript  ;D) can ypou do this  for me ::) ?

mkmcst

i have a stupid question  where would the  user name go in the script?

User: zubrag
Password: root

User: admin
Password: adminpass

espdesignstudio

Thanks so much! I'm a total PHP noob, and after a few tries, I got it to work..... thanks so much! ;D

lotuswoody

The script is exactly what I am looking for for multiple users but I am having a problem using it. I have followed the instructions but the generated protection script generated doesn't seem to run. I have changed it and now the password box appears on the page I am trying to protect.
What am I doing wrong?

fr2632

Hi Guys!

I created my page with files protected with only password :

// request login? true - show login and password boxes, false - password box only
define('USE_USERNAME', false);

but :

after digit the correct password I get after an empty page!!  ??? how do I redirect to another page? the protected page?

Thanks in advance!
Francesco.

upod

I don't think the moderators look at the questions on this forum.

Is there anyone out there??... out there...out there...out there

tomycat

How to create a flat file or
Can I use existing MySQL db?

hodad77

I got it working but it only works the first time one enters login/password. How do you disable cookies to prevent this from happening and have the info entered each time? Thanks in advance.