Zubrag.com
September 20, 2018, 08:57:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote email access  (Read 8273 times)
marc

« on: February 04, 2008, 11:35:19 AM »

Hi, The script for email creation works really well, but what I am looking for in addition is to be able to remotely access emails on cPanel by enterning username & password via my web site, then to  load squirrel or horde into an iframe within my site. Does anyone know what the remote URL is which includes the username and password. If there is another way to do what I am suggesting above would be helpful. The idea is to keep the traffic coming back to access emails.

Thanks

Marc

smithster
Web Trade Pro

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 03:02:11 PM »

I have used Roundcube for my webmail.  Upon account creation, users are able to log into roundcube to check their mail.  It requires a database to store user information such as mail username, creation date, and user last login date.  The data is inserted and updated in the database upon user login.  Once installed and configured, there is nothing you need to do.  The rest is automatic.

S
albotek

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 05:05:17 AM »

Hi,

I guess my query is on a similar theme.

Having succesfully downloaded and configures the cpemail script I would like to incorporate it in my website so users can create a free email address and then log in from my website to Horde , Squirrel or Roundcube. Is there an easy way of doing this ?

Kind regards

David
Woody

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 11:07:48 PM »

I have done exactly what you are wanting to do. If you go to: http://www.yourmomentsintime.co.uk/emailsignup/newaccount.html you can see it working.
I uploaded the script to a folder on my site, then I made a iframe page that points to the script. This way people do not see the address of the script, just the address of the iFrame.
you need to find out from your host provider what the web url address is for your site and the port it runs on. Usually it looks something like:
http://yoursitesname:portnumber or
http://www.yoursitesname:portnumber
both normally work.
You also need a page that points to the address that your host gave you. You can do this by making a re-direct using cPanel on your host or if your site creation prog has it in it, (I assume it does with it having a iFrame in it) you can just make a page that redirects to the address. The latter is better as that way you can use your own site's themes instead of just the blank webpage.
This then gives you access to the login page with all of the hosts web-email progs that it uses. Your user then chooses which one they want to use to read/send email, depending on their own experience. If novice, recommend RoundCube, if experienced then recommend Horde, if they dont want the simplicity of Round Cube but Horde is to complicated for them or has too many "whistles & bells" then recommend SquirrelMail. Of course, that's if your host offers all 3 of these. Smiley
MAKE SURE YOU TEST IT WITH ALL THE EMAIL PROGS YOUR HOST PROVIDES SO THAT YOU KNOW YOU HAVE MADE YOUR PAGE'S WIDTH WIDE ENOUGH TO VIEW ALL THE PROGS AND WHATEVER OTHER MATERIAL YOU HAVE ON YOUR PAGE!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: