Zubrag.com
October 21, 2018, 11:44:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Protecting files other than php, html etc  (Read 5665 times)
dandrianjafy

« on: November 27, 2007, 09:56:09 AM »

This script is fantastic!  The problem is I keep thinking of more stuff I want to do.  Is it possible to protect any file other than a webpage, e.g. .doc or .pdf that can be downloaded from the site?  If not, can a whole firectory be protected?

Cheers

Denys

zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 10:26:09 AM »

A whole directory could be protected using your control panel. Most control panels provide password protection. For example cPanel has "Password Protect Directories" (see attachment). Once protected, it would pop up login/password box.

If password protection is not supported by your control panel, then you'll have to protect each file separately. You could use a combination of downloader and password protector to create password protected download. In this case your download URLs would look like http://www.example.com/download.php?f=facebook_tutorial.pdf

Link to the post where member shared his idea about protecting downloads
stevenmedleycom

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 07:48:02 PM »

@ ZUBRAG- wow i like links like that, it doesnt give away the true URL to the files, i think i might try something like that soon, if i find a relevant use for my site that is, perhaps my coppermine gallery.

@ dandrianjafy- also, if you have cPanel, then you should check out leech protect, it handles those types of files.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: