Zubrag.com
August 17, 2019, 03:12:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email Forwarding  (Read 13023 times)
cb

« on: August 13, 2007, 10:51:21 PM »

I have installed the script and it works as far as creating forwarding accounts.
My concern is that the check to see if there is another forwarding account created is not working.  And also, I'd like to see if it could check the current email accounts also.  This way, no one can mirror your email by forwarding it to their email account somewhere else.
I can currently create a forwarding account to one email address and then turn around and create another forwarding account with the same username and forward it somewhere else.

zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 10:50:31 AM »

Updated email forwarding script to catch error. Please let know if it catches errors on your server.

And also, I'd like to see if it could check the current email accounts also.
Do you mean cPanel allows you to create few forwarding accounts for the same name?
cb

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 12:45:54 PM »

Yes, cPanel allows me to create multiple forwarding accounts with the same username.  So if I set this up, someone can create a forwarding account webmaster@domain.name going to their personal email address, they will read all my emails...
cb

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 07:51:30 PM »

Using the new version, I always receive the following error:

Cannot create email forwarding. Already exists or incorrect input parameters.

zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 04:06:38 AM »

Please upload and try once more.
cb

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 06:01:20 AM »

OK, I'm back in business with creating the email forwarding
I had to remove a ")" at the end of line 83.  It was extra.

I still have the problem of being able to create 2 forwards with the same username.

webmaster@mydomain.name => email1@domain.name
webmaster@mydomain.name => email2@otherdomain.name

You can see how dangerous this can be.  It's not checking for the same username before creating another forward.
Nevatryce

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:59:59 AM »

This way, no one can mirror your email by forwarding it to their email account somewhere else.

This sounds hurrible.

I remember sending a confidential email and the recipient got the wrong information and replied me badly. I felt bad. Please can you enlighten me on how they do this so i dont fall prey of such activities.

Thanks
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 10:58:24 AM »

Actually the script was updated to not allow such activity. Forgot to update the thread.
cb

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 08:11:14 PM »

Can there be a sub-script in place within this script that checks existing email accounts so a email forwarder cannot be created if an email account already exists?
Also, looking for a solution for cPanel 11, theme x3.  It was working on cPanel 10, theme x.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: