Zubrag.com
December 10, 2019, 12:18:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Generating New Invoice Numbers  (Read 17150 times)
day

« on: July 24, 2007, 01:31:05 PM »

Hi I was wondering if there was a way to generate a new invoice number evertime a user goes to my website and dowloads one. What I want to do is have the forms from my company available online for my clients to download and email or fax to me. BUT each time they download this one form in particualr, there needs to be a new invoice number at the top of it. In other words, they will be downloading the same form to fill out over and over, but each form will have a different invoice number, for our filing purposes and so that the user can check status on a certain invoice number. Is there a way to do this?
I'd greatly appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks
Day

zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 04:14:38 PM »

Hi. Are users downloading invoices? Are these invoices MS Word files or HTML files?
day

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 05:46:25 PM »

Hi thanks for responding. Yes users are downloading invoices, or if it is easier they'd be able to fill out the information required on the invoice and then send that invoice to me. a pdf file is preferred as I have copies of what the invoice should look like. The most important thing is the invoice number that generates at the top. it is a 13 digit number. here is an example: 01374-06-07-0979
the 01374 is the clients account number, the 06 is the client's user number (several of our clients have several people creating invoices and sending them to us, this seperates them) the 07 is the year, and the 0979 is the humber that changes everytime a new voice is opened. This number should never repeat itself in 07.
It seems really difficult to do and I have LOTS of clients I need to do this for. is there a way to do it?

Thanks again
Day
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 05:17:25 AM »

Not yet sure as i have never worked with pdf files in php. Is there any invoice number on that pdf by default or just empty field?
day

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 10:28:46 AM »

Just an empty field. The invoice number is determined by the client. Each client's invoice number starts off with a set of numbers specific to them. It doesn't have to be a pdp file either just something that they can fill out and send back to me and each time the invoice number changes at the end. The lasat four numbers change, the rest of the set: only the second set is variable depending on which user it is, but really all i need to know is how to make the last set change without having to create a thousand invoices per customer with different numbers at the end.
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 12:07:57 PM »

Isn't it possible to assign numbers manually as invoices arrive to your mailbox? You know the client, just add 1 to the last number used.

Looks like I will not be able to increment invoice number in pdf (pdf is not a plain text file, so i will not be able to find number and replace it). If you provide invoice as html form or plain text file then  i can customize downloader to increment invoice number each time invoice is downloaded. Note: gaps in numbering possible as user can download twice but send invoice only once.
day

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 06:26:46 PM »

yeah I kinda agree with that. So we've decided to take a different approach: the idea now is to allow our clients to register on our site, log in, etc. Then when they send us the form we will asign it an invoice number. So I guess wat I want to know is this: because a lot of our clients have several secretaries that would be doing the loging in so what i want is for the secrataries to each hav etheir own log-ins but when they log-in. the system recognizes the company they work for (same company different secrataries) this way, we can asign our invoices based on which secretary it is and attatch their number to the client's account number. When they send us the form, an automatic email will be sent to them saying thier name we have recieved your form...etc.

Sorry if this is sounding confusing. Basically what I need is this: a way for each user to log in, but under the same company (maybe they need to know certain info about the company they work for in order to register ?) when they log in certain information  such as their address, etc. is already filled out in the form because it recongnizes who they are, when I get the e-mail with the form they sent, it should also tell me which user from that company sent the form.

Thanks so much for your help. I'm forever in ur debt if you can tell me how to do this.
Day
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 07:19:51 AM »

Hi. This is much better approach of resolving your business needs. But some custom application have to be developed, few full days of coding to get it done correctly.

Unfortunately currently I cannot afford myself to spend this much time working on the site Sad and it looks like this script would be useful for some very limited group of people (since it is a custom solution).

Would suggest you to post the project on few freelance sites to get it done. Here is info about top performers: top freelance sites.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: