Zubrag.com
December 10, 2019, 01:30:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thumbnail Generator: Watermark  (Read 14818 times)
CarlosCM

« on: June 14, 2007, 02:05:30 AM »

Would it be possible to add a watermark function to the thumbnail Generator PHP script? I've started to have some copyright issues with people stealing my images and I'd rather just have a small image or text added to the bottom of the images, stating who they are really from.

zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 05:54:49 AM »

Will add watermark support to the Thumbnail Generator.

We can currently implement only one of these (and another one later):

1. Watermark with text
- text
- color
- size
- offset from the bottom right corner (x and y)

2. Watermark with custom image
- path to the watermark image
- offset from the bottom right corner (x and y)

Which one would work best?
recoding
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 08:24:18 AM »

i like this idea too, im also having copyright issues, but with other images.

but i would prefer to have images, not text, as means can be more custom to the user  Grin

zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:39:16 AM »

Watermark using another image indeed seems to be much more flexible than text only. Will implement this option. Thanks for help.
CarlosCM

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 04:58:23 PM »

Any idea when/if this will be implemented?
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 11:50:31 AM »

Sorry for delay, currently updating password protector script. This will be next. Looks like in few days.
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 05:56:26 AM »

Currently you could watermark like this.

I'll implement watermarking into thumbnail generator soon, for easier use. But it would only watermark thumbnail.
recoding
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 03:42:17 PM »

Hey again Zubrag, been a long time, but I have been using your scripts daily Wink

Although, this idea has yet again come to my attention, and here's why

I know that the thumbnail script is used to create thumbnails, but I use it on my own, and client websites to 'resize' pictures, for example, using your thumbnail script I get this image http://home.recoding.co.uk/albums/D40/FootBall%20May%2008/DSC_2570.JPG. Now the way that is created it using .htaccess and saying anything in the /albums/ folder, get it to go to thumb.php?src=$1. That works really well.

And in the same instant, I use a watermark script, which also creates a watermark on the fly using .htaccess [see this image]. Now the way that is created it using .htaccess and saying anything in the /albums/ folder, get it to go to thumb.php?src=$1. That works really well.

But what I would like is to be able to apply the resizing and watermark at once, and the main problem is I cannot do this in PHP, as the files don't really exist.
Theoretically all I need to do is join the two scripts together at some point, but I don't know where.. could you help me out? the watermark script I use is included, it is REALLY badly designed, although it works, it takes some doing to get it to work, and isnt very dynamically helpful.

Link to Watermark script

Thanks again Zubrag your scripts really do help me A LOT in daily life, I could never be where I am today without you and your scripts. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: