Zubrag.com
August 17, 2019, 03:10:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thumbnail large image fix! (Seems to work!!)  (Read 7953 times)
imanuk

« on: April 13, 2007, 06:36:46 PM »

ini_set ( "memory_limit", "48M"); //48M is possibly bigger than nessisarry, worth testing to find optimum!

At the start of webthumb.php seems to allow much bigger images to be processed to thumbs.  Shocked
Thanks to a member(his alias illudes me) of the coppermine(gallery) forums who posted this snipet up a couple of years ago and has been helping GD run smoothly on my website for ages!

Hope this helps others.  Cool

Is there a way of saving the thumb insted of displaying it? or have i missed the files? that would be handy.

EDIT: huge thanks to zubrag for his hard work creating scripts. Please move this post if its in the wrong place.

zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 04:22:03 PM »

Thanks for suggestion.

Is there a way of saving the thumb instead of displaying it
Just pass dest parameter (file name) to the script, like this
http://www.example.com/thumb.php?src=big-image.jpg&dest=thumb.jpg&x=100&y=50

About memory limit. Thumbnail generator has  ini_set('memory_limit', '-1'); which should take care of big images. It directs PHP to use all the available memory.  Isn't it working ok for you?

imanuk

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 05:31:26 PM »

my bad for not expalining fully I am using "Website Thumbnail Generator", but I'll just use the "Thumbnail Generator" that will be better, cheers!

Also pages such as "http://www.hotukdeals.com/main.html" which I am using to test didnt output a thumb without memory_limit", "48M"); in the "Website Thumbnail Generator", regardless of the PHP.INI memeory settings... but -1 is a much better call Wink though not used in the "Website Thumbnail Generator"?

Hope the above makes sense.
Thanks for your help, consider my question resolved, imanuk  Grin
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 03:54:22 AM »

We'll add memory_limit to the Website Thumbnail Generator. Thanks for letting us know!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: