Zubrag.com
August 23, 2019, 09:16:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SMF mod for making FTP accounts for users in certain user groups.  (Read 9851 times)
exzapel

« on: March 19, 2007, 10:02:03 PM »

First off, I'd like to say hi to everyone! Thanks for your hard work on the scripts!

Now, just like the topic said, a mod or something to make FTP/email accounts in a certain directory for users in certain usergroups would be cool.

For example:
I have a VIP user group for contributers on my site to have special access/privileges to the forums, and I want them all to have FTP/Email accounts with their usern ames/emails without being able to abuse it and make as any as they want, so the site would automatically create one for everyone in the user group if one matching their user name didn't already exist/or only on entrance to the group.

So let's say I let JohnnyPEverybody into the user group "Super Duper," the forum software would then make a user name/random password for his FTP account to the folder www.domain.com/superduper and an email adress with a 50 megabyte quota/forwarder to his email address on file.

Thanks for taking the time to read my wish for a script, whether or not you decide to do it,

~Exzapel

zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:01:52 AM »

Are you on cPanel managed server?
exzapel

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 06:50:06 AM »

Yes I am.
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 09:12:55 AM »

Can be implemented. Have no SMF module development experience, so would point the file name / line number to change in SMF.
Will not have time to create such script until this weekend.

It would strip all the non-alphanumeric chars from username before creating domain.

All in one thread is related to the topic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: