Zubrag.com
November 20, 2018, 06:01:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to reduce PST files size ?  (Read 3556 times)
anndymargaret

« on: November 15, 2013, 02:58:56 AM »

Hii..

I am Outlook user 2003. I have large numbers of PST files due to which I am facing problems while accessing data . I want to reduce PST file size . Is any possible way is there by which  I can make separate folder and put all previous and older PST files there ?

johnmartinusa89

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 04:44:26 AM »

Hii..

As you need to reduce Outlook PST file size, I would like to suggest "SysTools Split PST" software that helps you to reduce Outlook PST file size by splitting them into smaller parts .
Yes you can make separate folder for each spitted PST file , The software its self creates NEW PST for each spitted items and then you can save them at secure location wherever you want. The software provides you four option - Date , Year, folder, Size by which you ca split entire Outlook database - journals, contacts, calendars task etc and save them .

Download Free Demo version to know complete working and to check stability of the tool. Not only this, the software allows you to split 50 emails from Outlook without any cost.

some simple steps you need to follow :-
1.      Install and download PST File
2.   Select option - ANSI or Unicode
3.   Select Split option by which you want to split - Date, Year, Folder, Size.
4.   Browse largest PST file which you want to split
5.   Select destination where you want to keep splitted files
6.   Click on Split to complete the process.

Read more Embarrassedhttp://www.splitpst.com/split-pst-software.html
LinkOLN

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 06:06:57 AM »

Do you want to reduce the PST file size or you want to split it?

PST compaction and PST splitting are different from each other. If you are looking for some manual solutions for reducing PST file size, you can read the blog I'm linking below:

How to Safely Compress an Oversized PST File?

In this blog, you will also find how to split a large sized PST file into multiple parts.

Hope this blog will resolve your problem.

Thanks.  Smiley
olgas

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 04:10:47 AM »

PST Compress and Compact software safely reduces the size of large PST file by compressing it. It is extremely well designed to compact extra-large PST files to avoid any type of corruption and to save space in hard drive of the system. This software does not alter the contents of PST files. You can check the solution in detail by visiting - www.compactmypst.blogspot.com
LinkOLN

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 06:26:18 AM »

The blog post shared above has been redirected to this source: http://wordpress.semnaitik.com/2013/06/17/compact-pst-file/

Thanks and best regards.
barbarajames

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 11:10:09 PM »

vMail PST Repair Software has been offering a complete email recovery solutions for help to recover corrupted or inaccessible Outlook PST file and easy to export into Outlook PST format/MBOX/EML/MSG/ICS and vCard Formats. PST recovery Software Supported Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 PST files.

MarkDavis

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 11:34:35 PM »

Outlook is an e-mail client for business & personal requirements. When dreadful issue occurs in Outlook then we are unable to work with it conveniently. There are several incident when we find Outlook speed slow. These all problems occur in Outlook are due to oversize PST files. To avoid these issues you need to reduce PST files size by PST Compact tool.

Abrienne

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »

To reduce PST file size one of the method that you can opt for is to delete items from an Outlook Data File (.pst), that automatically compact the file in the background when you’re not using your computer and Outlook is running. You can manually compact Outlook Data File (.pst) by following these steps process immediately:

• Delete any items that you do not want to keep and empty the Deleted Items folder.
  • Click File >  Account Settings >Account Settings.
  • On the Data Files tab, click the data file that you want to compact, and then click Settings.
  • Click the Advanced tab > Outlook Data File Settings.
  • In the Outlook Data File Settings dialog, click Compact Now and then click OK.

Reference: supportoffice site
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: