Zubrag.com
August 22, 2019, 07:54:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Change Windows 8 password?  (Read 6285 times)
brusestudery

« on: December 04, 2012, 08:39:35 PM »

You've used a Windows 8 password for a long time and it's time to change it to a new for keeping your computer more secure. You also want to change it when you forgot Windows 8 password. Here's going to talk about how to change Windows 8 password in these 2 different cases.

Case 1. When Windows 8 Password Remembered

In this case, you can easily log into the target Windows 8 user account and change its password on the PC settings window. Detailed steps are as follows:

Step 1:. Open the PC Settings window.Press Windows + I to open the Settings window and then select Change PC settings to open the PC Settings window.
Step 2: Select Change your password optionOn the PC settings window, select the Users on the left and you'll see the Change your password option on the right. Then select the change password option. You'll be asked to type the current password. Type the password and go to the change password window.
Step 3: Set a new Windows 8 passwordOn the change password window, enter a new password for your Windows 8 user account, type the password again to confirm it. Next set a password hint and click Next, and then click Finish to save changes.

Besides, you can change a Windows 8 password from an administrator account on the same computer. But this is not suggested if you still remember the password as this will cause data loss.

Case 2. When Windows 8 Password Forgotten

It's possible to change Windows 8 password even you cannot remember it. 3 methods are available.

Method 1. Use another admin account
As mentioned above, you can log in as administrator to manage another account on the same PC, including changing the password of another account. No original password will required, but all EFS-encrypted files, personal certificates, and stored password for websites and network resources will be lost.

Method 2. Use password reset disk

Windows 8 allows users to create a password reset disk beforehand. With such a password reset disk at hand, you can easily change Windows 8 password to a new one when you forgot it.

Method 3. Use Reset Windows Password Software

As the most popular reset Windows password app preferred by many users, like Windows Password Unlocker or Password Unlocker, which allow you to reset a forgotten Windows 8 password in 3 easy and quick ways. One of the ways is to change a forgotten Windows 8 password easily. 100% security guaranteed.

cheeryking

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:16:14 PM »

Helpful! Windows Password Recovery Tool can also help you recover lost Windows 8 Password.
Yeaney

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 12:43:26 AM »

Need to change Windows 8 Password? Windows Password Key is the best solution.
More helpful post: How to Recover Lost Windows 8 Password?
Rocnapncqo

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 02:30:52 AM »

Reset software can be the better choice to change the forgotten Windows 8 password.
Ldhskqdjf

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »

It is pretty easy to change Windows 8 password   if you can get access to your Windows 8 PC . If not, try to make use of a Windows 8 password reset tool to change your lost Windows 8 password.
Willam789

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 09:58:36 PM »

Thanks shares! Those ways as the article talked are very useful. Among those ways, I like the last method best. I have experience in resetting Windows password with the help of third-party tools. Last week, I wanted to change my password because of security. But unfortunately I forgot it. I recalled all kinds of passwords which I often used, like my birthday, my student number, and etc. But all of them failed. Then I turned to my Computer Major friend for help. He recommended
Windows Password Killer Software to me. And I used it to reset my password in seconds. So lucky am I. So if you are unfortunate to forget your password, you can make use of it.
cheneygreen

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 03:31:46 AM »

You also can use Windows Password Unlocker, which can safely and easily reset Windows passwords in a matter of minutes in case the administrator password or user passwords is forgotten or lost.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: