If your Excel file is not open that means Excel file is corrupted, so i will suggest you to use ExcelRepairTool to repair excel files. This software completely repair corrupted all Excel files like as .xls/.xlsx without any error. You can go with third party DatarepairTools which can excellent perform excel repair as per your requirement. It is most popular and easy to use application which supports all version of MS Excel like MS Excel 95, 97, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. You know more about this software you can also download demo version from here : http://www.datarepairtools.com/excel-recovery.html
I use MS Excel file to store work details of 2400 employees, On day due to some virus attack I am not able to access my excel file and I have to submit work details to my boss. I am confused and i do not have any idea what to do next. then I talked to my friends and he suggested me to us excel file recovery tool and suggested me a software. I used the software and successfully recovered my complete data and submitted report to my boss on time. Thanks to software developer.
Repair corrupted or damaged MS Excel file, I would like to refer Kernel for Excel recovery software. The software is designed perfectly to recover complete data, such as text, graphs, hyperlinks, objects, formulas, OLE objects etc. accurately. The software is embedded with dual recovery modes - Single file and Multi file. To know about the working of Kernel for Excel recovery software, users can download its free trial version from http://www.xlsx.excelfilerepair.org
Repair corrupt or damaged MS Excel worksheets by using an absolutely free inbuilt utility, known as, "Open and Repair". The software is capable to retrieve complete data from even badly corrupted MS Excel file. To know about the software features and functionalities, follow the instruction given at - http://msofficerecovery.blogspot.com/2014/04/how-to-repair-corrupted-excel-spreadsheets.html
You can follow the following steps for Excel file recovery
1. First, open the Office 2010 application.
2. Now, open a new file or an existing file.
3. Click the File tab >> Click Info.
4. Hit on Manage Versions.
5. Hit Recover Unsaved Documents if you are in Word 2010, Recover Unsaved Workbooks if you are in Excel 2010 or Recover Unsaved Presentations if you are in PowerPoint 2010.
6. Manage Versions button Recover unsaved documents option.
7. Now, you can view the list of your unsaved files. Select the file and click Open.
In the business bar at the top of the file, click Save As to save your file to your computer.
For repairing Corrupted Excel file follow some steps they may help you out
1. Hit on file and then Open
2. Choose the location and folder from the corrupted workbook
3. Open dialog box, pick the corrupted workbook.
4. Hit the pointer next to the Open key, and then bang Open and Repair.
5.To recover more workbook select desirable data possible, pick Repair.
Good recommendations. And you can also use cloud storage services where there is a file history. And you could restore the file from the old version. This is for example Dropbox.
you just work on google doc sheet the file is already create a backup in your google drive....