Zubrag.com
January 19, 2018, 11:27:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Website thumbnail generator on Linux  (Read 80156 times)
AlanSan

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »

If you are still trying to get this to work, I would suggest checking out te witryne and ta strona.  I was running into some similar issues and these were excellent resources that provided me a lot of information in setting up my Linux system. Hope this helps you out.
-Danny

Thanks a lot for the tip, it really helped me out a lot.

thewidi

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 02:13:25 AM »

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was judi bola a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!
LeoPowell

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 04:23:50 AM »

A lot of requests for thumbnail generator on Linux. Posted some links to external resources here.

After some research/analysis was able to generate website screenshots on my Windows machine using Firefox. Think that should also work on Linux.

You'll need Firefox 2 browser installed on the server.

1. Download Pearl Crescent Page Saver. It is a Firefox screen capture extension. Free version is ok.

2. Install the extension in Firefox.
firefox -install-global-extension "/path/to/the/extension-file.xpi"

3. By default saved images would be named after page title. In order to name images after domain name or URL follow this step.
Go to Firefox extensions folder, and change chrome/pagesaver.jar => content\browserOverlay.js
Replace following code
  var pageTitle = (aWindow && aWindow.document) ? aWindow.document.title : null;
with this code to name images after domain name
  var pageTitle = (aWindow && aWindow.document) ? aWindow.document.domain.replace(/\./g,"_") : null;
OR with this code to name images after URL
  var pageTitle = (aWindow && aWindow.document) ? aWindow.document.location.href.replace(/\./g,"_") : null;

4. Now you should be able to save website screenshot by executing Firefox from the command line, like:
  firefox -savepng http://www.site-name-here.com/

It will open Firefox window, open URL, save image as PNG, and close Firefox.

Images captured using the -savepng command line flag are saved to Firefox's Download Folder. You can set this location from the Downloads section of the Firefox Options window.

Would appreciate comments since I had no chance to try it on Linux.

Is there any latest version which can be used with Linux.. I have used this one but completely unaware about any updates.. Hope you will help me with right information
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: