Zubrag.com
April 23, 2018, 08:40:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ?help parameter question and question about truly logging out  (Read 5327 times)
douglerner

« on: August 12, 2008, 06:33:25 AM »

Hi. I tried your script (very nice!) and it basically works, but I have two questions:

(1) I put password_protect.php above my html doc root, so there is no way of running the ?help URL to get the string that is supposed to be provided, right? But is is needed? Does the string include anything other than a line like this to place in the first line of the file I want to protect?

<?php include("/home/mypath/password_protect.php"); ?><html>

(2) Clicking on the logout link redirects to the "redirect after logout" URL, but I am actually still logged in. That is, if I go to the password protected page without manually clearing out my cookies I do not need to login again. Is this a browser dependent problem (I'm using Safari) or a bug in the logout feature itself?

Thanks!

doug

David

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 02:38:42 PM »

Hey Doug

It seems like we have been abandoned here! I am no expert with password_protect but have had it running on my website for about a year now. (So I will try to answer your questions or at least help in some way.)

This is the string that the ?help script spits out for me <?php include("/var/www/designbrand.co.nz/htdocs/password_protect.php"); ?> (That's all there is, hope it's useful)

I had a similar logout problem where I could log out and then click the back button and would be able to get back in without logging in again! I was told to set the timeout to 1 minute. This still didn't work and after much discussion it was decided that my server's clock might be to blame. If I wait 2-3mins then I can't get back in so am truly logged out. I think you can also turn the cookie off in the script but I don't remember how...... Looking at my answer it's pretty lame, it's been so long since I was tweaking my script I can't remember much. Hopefully some of that helps - or hopefully a moderator comes along soon to help!!!!
douglerner

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 05:25:36 PM »

Thanks for your reply, David. Since posting my question I had gotten caught up in so many other things I had completely forgotten about it. Smiley

doug

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: