March 19, 2018, 03:00:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Thumbnail Questions  (Read 25827 times)

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »

f=1 means save thumbnail on the server. Nothing to show in the browser. f=0 - show in the browser and do not save on server.

Do you need both big image and thumbnail? I'm not sure i understand what you are trying to achieve. What is "cat" parameter?

As i understand you want above URL to create thumbnail from the image. Correct?
You have both thumbnail folder and images folder set to the same folder in the script (/home/something.com/public_html/images/'.$_GET['subfolder'].'/'). Correct?
If so, script will take news1.jpg from the /home/something.com/public_html/images/'.$_GET['subfolder'].'/', make thumbnail, and save it in the same folder. Nothing will be shown in the browser as f=1 means save file on the server.

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 12:57:11 AM »

Maybe my explanation is not complete.
Yes, I need both larger image and thumbnail so I want to create and save the thumbnails as I think it is more quick if you create the thumbnails once when you save a record into the database rather than making thumbnails when browsing.

cat is category, it is something I use for a subfolder name.

I have tried both f=1 and f=0 but the result I was hoping did not happen.
I mean, when I tried f=1, nothing was saved in the folder. And when I tried f=0 at the img tag, nothing was shown in the browser. And no error alert also.

I have changed the path several times also since I do not quite understand about it.
I started with /home, /domains (as the cuteFTP shows to me) but none was working.
Pages: 1 [2]
Jump to: