Zubrag.com
September 21, 2018, 04:20:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thumbnail Generation Error. Thumbnail not created.  (Read 46512 times)
mugwumpr

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 02:12:21 PM »

The message now is:

IECapt.exe http://www.petrodents.com C:/****/mugwumpr/webthumbs/thumbs/a925c804e448ab1597ad2007f559c49c.png
Array
(

• => Usage: IECapt.exe http://www.example.org/ localfile.png
)
Thumbnail Generation Error. Thumbnail not created.

The **** part of the path from C: is correct.

zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 04:14:10 PM »

Does that **** part contain special characters or spaces?
mugwumpr

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 01:45:45 AM »

Yup, and the spaces were the problem.  When I move the thumbs directory directly under C: it works perfectly.  Thank you!

Cheesy  Kiss
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 04:22:04 AM »

That was a bug in a script :-(   I fixed website thumb creator. Now it should work ok with spaces in the path. Thanks for all your help!
mugwumpr

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 12:42:59 PM »

And thank you for your help and this script!  Using it has cut the load time on my links page to a tiny fraction of what it was when I was using public thumbnail sites (or it will when I finally get all 50+ links switched over).
mugwumpr

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 01:11:40 AM »

I hate to tell you this, zubrag.....  I d/l your new version, and I'm back to getting the error again, even directly under C:.   Cry

I did the changes to the script that you suggested before, and here's the output:
IECapt.exe http://www.animalcameras.com C:/thumbs/5fe38d055b37c3bb79104a13a0cfe5b9.jpg
Array
(
)
Thumbnail Generation Error. Thumbnail not created.

It looks like there should be a picture in the folder, but there isn't, and it's giving me the Thumbnail Generation Error again.

Edit:  It will still pull up the existing thumbnails that are in the folder from before, it just won't create any new ones.  The folder is writeable.
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 04:47:15 AM »

It worked on my computer with parameters you specified.

Please make sure folder C:/thumbs exists, and $thumbnails_folder setting is set to 'C:/thumbs/' (note ending  slash, and single quotes. Double quotes may not work). 

Like this:
$thumbnails_folder = 'C:/thumbs/';
Does it help?
mugwumpr

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 04:22:30 PM »

The folder exists (it has the thumbs from before in it, which webthumb.php will still display), it's writeable and the line to it matches your example exactly:
$thumbnails_folder = 'C:/thumbs/';

It was working directly under C: before even when it didn't like the spaces; now it doesn't work directly under C: either.

Huh
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 08:25:11 AM »

Lets try changing
@exec('IECapt.exe ' . escapeshellarg($website_url) . ' ' . escapeshellarg($cached_filename));

to
exec('IECapt.exe ' . $website_url . ' ' . $cached_filename);

Maybe the fix I made for spaces is causing new problems (however it is working ok on my server).

If that does not help then please also try putting gdiplus.dll into the same folder with iecapt.exe.
mugwumpr

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 03:42:59 PM »

I went back and tried all the things you suggested from the beginning, step by step, and after playing with php.ini, it seems that the thing causing webthumb.php to choke is Safe_Mode being on, even though it seemed to have no effect before (and was actually On during the successful earlier tests Huh ).  I installed webthumbs on another machine and tried the same things there, and that's definitely what's at the root of it.

So, it's working again (w00t!) and I can stop bugging you and get on with switching all my files over.

Thanks again for your help and patience!  It's a great little script.

Cheesy
vash

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 07:19:02 AM »

I've been getting same problem... no errors displayed and no screen shot being displayed, I've noticed that this occurs only in .PNG and .GIF formats. It's quite a mystery since some people says that it works.

I made a very tiny tweak to instead redirect the page to the Image file URL instead of displaying the screenshot on the fly.

Code:
header("location: $website_url_md5.$output_format");
exit;

Place the code above after:
Code:
if (!file_exists($cached_filename)) {
  die("Thumbnail Generation Error. Thumbnail not created.");
}

Hope this help solve some old mystery lol ... cheers
moiseszaragoza

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 11:02:28 AM »

I am using PHP i see that my script want to use IECapt.exe i was wondering where would i get that file and where would i install it on the server?

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: