Zubrag.com
September 22, 2019, 10:50:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Message  (Read 42441 times)
nomad

« on: November 02, 2007, 08:31:05 AM »

Script works BUT I have 2 problems:
1 - once I log in I can't get the log in page to view again..it automatically logs me in.. I don't want this. (I even cleared cache and cookies)

2- How can I use the information entered into User Name field to be displayed on the page I log into.( For example: Login Name = USER123   ..  the page displayed after I log in will display for example .. Welcome USER123)

Thanks

zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 12:21:30 PM »

1. You will be automatically logged out when browser is closed. You can also place a log out link. Add following code somewhere on your page:   <a href="your-protected-page.php?logout">Log out</a>

2. Replace if ($_COOKIE['verify'] == md5($lp)) {
with
if ($_COOKIE['verify'] == md5($lp)) {
$login = $key;

Now you can print username using following php code:   echo $login;

cappinkirk

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:16:53 AM »

No, that is not very helpful. I have read all of the existing forums and I think I have also been as descriptive as possible with stating what I want to achieve. I am developing this on my own in the meantime.

Thanks!
Twizted

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 02:05:05 PM »

Hello,

I have been experimenting with your scripts Password Protect and Advanced Password Protect and they are really awesome. I am having some issues obtaining some additional functionality that I desire for my pages. I would like to be able to maintain the $login variable throughout the website once a user it logged in so I can use it to show only certain logged in users content on pages such as reset buttons for a database and such.

As it works now I can echo $login on the very next page that loads after login, but once I navigate away from that page or reload that page the content will disappear because the variable is not maintained.

How could I achieve this with your scripts Password Protect and Advanced Password Protect.

Thank you !
noorim07

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 01:12:22 PM »

1. You will be automatically logged out when browser is closed. You can also place a log out link. Add following code somewhere on your page:   <a href="your-protected-page.php?logout">Log out</a>

2. Replace if ($_COOKIE['verify'] == md5($lp)) {
with
$login = $key;

Now you can print username using following php code:   echo $login;

hi is this the one you meant?

$found = true;

change to

$login = $key;

noorim07

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »

I got it! That is the method.
rainer

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 02:16:52 AM »

i tried the same method, to print the username on my website, but the only thing i get is that error message Notice: Undefined variable: login

any hints, what i am doing wrong?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: