Zubrag.com
July 17, 2018, 03:40:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requiring only a username to proceed  (Read 6216 times)
amariotti

« on: July 25, 2007, 12:23:59 PM »

I may have just missed something in the instructions to do this, but to my knowledge I did exactly as it said in the comments and it is not working.

I'd like to only ask for a password, but still have multiple passwords. For example, we have a website that will require dealers to login to access non-public information, and each dealer will have their own unique id. It looks like the script allows this but I am just missing something. Can anyone help, or else even edit the password_protect.php to reflect what mine should be looking like?

Thanks.

amariotti

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 12:29:42 PM »

I feel stupid. I did a search in the forum and was able to find someone with the same problem. The instruction to do this are also in the script itself.

You need to change this line:
Code:
// request login? true - show login and password boxes, false - password box only
define('USE_USERNAME', true);

to this:
Code:
// request login? true - show login and password boxes, false - password box only
define('USE_USERNAME', false);
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 12:43:35 PM »

I'm glad you resolved the issue Smiley
amariotti

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »

Unfortunately the problem has creeped back up on me!  Cry

Everything worked great up to the point where I was ready to change from asking for a username and password to just a password. I know it still works because when I would reverse my changes it would work again. Very strange.

The only solution that I could use was to create a generic password and have it auto populate in the form and through CSS hide it from the user. I'm no expert in PHP so that was my best work around.

Note: I am using the version that allows groups because it met my needs for this specific project. Thanks so much for such a great script, just wish I could figure out why it wasn't working. Smiley
zubrag
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 05:29:38 AM »

How do you define password in group file? One password per row, without comma? Please provide sample group file.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: